Blogroll

Friday, September 10, 2010

A taste of fall.

Fall is just around the corner and what better way to celebrate than to cook with pumpkin!
Libby's pumpkin puree is by far the best ingredient when baking (It's great in oatmeal too). After reading 
Madison's blog about her love for pumpkin, I was inspired to create a similar recipe with a few tweaks. I did not have all of the ingredients listed so I adjusted. 


Whole Wheat Pasta in a Creamy Pumpkin Sauce


2 cups whole wheat pasta (I used bow tie)




The Sauce:
1 cup pumpkin puree (Libby's is awesome)
1 tbsp butter
1/2 cup 0% plain greek yogurt (I used Oikos)
3/4 cup milk (NF or 1%)
14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes
1/4 tsp Oregano
1/4 tsp Basil
1/3 cup Goat Cheese crumbles
Salt and Pepper as needed



















Prepare pasta normally and set aside, but keep warm. In a skillet melt butter, add milk, salt, pepper, and let warm for 2 minutes. Add pumpkin puree and greek yogurt until creamy. Add diced tomatoes and spices and let simmer for 3-4 minutes.


Combine pasta and creamy pumpkin sauce. Sprinkle goat cheese/Parmesan, VIOLA!

















My darling 17 year old brother says, "This isn't for sauce, this is for pumpkin pie!" :) Guess I will be whipping up a pumpkin pie for him soon.



On a whim Mark and I went to Meijer to grab batteries. I found that Great Harvest delivered fresh bread TODAY! I contained myself and just grabbed one loaf of Whole Wheat Cranberry Walnut, this bread is so delicious.
 [We may have snacked on some in the car]

Off to bed! A lot of fun things to come this weekend, including studying Physiology.

1 comment: