Blogroll

Saturday, September 11, 2010

What is one to do with leftover pumpkin?


Why not pumpkin waffles?


This morning I woke up to a gloomy & rainy day. It's cool out but this is just what I needed on a Saturday morning after a busy week. It was hard to wake up but the thought of pumpkin & waffles made me jump out of bed.


This is a simple recipe made with Kodiak Cake Flapjack & Waffle mix. This stuff is awesome, whole grain & milled in Salt Lake City, Utah. I ordered it after reading Kath's blog and she raves about it. "Best whole grain mix you can buy", as Kath would say.






Now to the fun stuff:


(2 Servings)


1 cup Kodiak Cake Flapjack & Waffle mix
1 cup water
1/2 cup Libby's pumpkin puree
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice'
1/4 tsp cinnamon


The pumpkin puree makes the waffles have a great texture inside.


Mix it all up, let batter sit for as long as you can [ This is so hard once you smell these puppies] I waited 5-10 minutes. As my dad [David] always says, "If you want fluffy pancakes/waffles let the batter sit as long as possible" He's a wise man.


Throw a 1/2 cup on the waffle maker and you have a pumpkin cinnamon waffle.


I also heated up 1/3 cup pure maple syrup for topping. [Another one of Dads tips]






Since I went to the orchard this week I have plenty of apples, so I decided to make simple stewed apples.






1/3 cup water
2 small Mcintosh apples (great for baking because they hold their shape)
a pinch of cinnamon


Heat to medium, cover for 10-15 minutes.





This Yankee Apple Cider candle has been burning while I've been cleaning. I picked it up at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. It smells wonderful, go buy one they're on sale!


We are celebrating a birthday tonight! I love birthdays :) But the agenda for my day is cleaning, 3 mile run with a little strength training, and studying.


Be happy, stay healthy, and keep it sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment