Blogroll

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Lemon Dill Salmon & Sweet Potato Crisps


Getting motivated to run today was difficult. I pushed through it and finished 2.5 miles in 20 minutes, a slow run but at least I kicked myself into gear. It's difficult for those who work all day/have school all day and get home around 6:00 to stay motivated. If you have a family, you have dinner to cook and a family to spend time with. Being the college student/part time Insurance Customer Service Rep it's difficult to make time for homework, dinner, exercise, and everyday needs. I believe in quick & healthy weeknight meals. Fast food makes my stomach turn. I never feel satisfied after eating fast food. This doesn't mean I don't like going out to dinner, I just can't stand fast food; unless it's Chick-fila (on occasion). Now that I'm done blabbing I'll give you the recipes ;)

This meal literally took no time at all to prepare and bake AND it was nutritious & tasty!

Lemon Dill Salmon
1 serving

1 4 oz. fillet of salmon
1 tsp dill seeds
1 tsp lemon garlic seasoning
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2 tbsp

Pop into the oven, bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes. Until Flaky.

Sweet Potato Crisps
1-2 servings

1 Sweet Potato
1 tbsp course sea salt
1 tbsp pepper

Spray pan heavily with non-stick oil. Slice sweet potato into thin discs, you can use a knife or mandolin if you have it. Spread evenly over baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-16 minutes. They will be slightly brown and crispy.

Keep it Happy, Keep it Healthy, Keep it Sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment