Wow, isn't this weather wonderful? Here in Indiana we had a terribly cold and icy winter, so we appreciate anything over 45 degrees. I feel the mood of my classmates, co-workers, and family shifting with the weather and I like the positive and happy attitudes, myself included! It is amazing how warmer weather and sunshine can change someone's perspective on life.
Before we continue with a delicious and easy tilapia recipe I want to announce my latest and greatest accomplishment. I got into the Respiratory Therapy Program at IU Medical School, YIPEE! I was placed on the waiting list due to the amount of applicant's but my hopes are high because last year they were able to take everyone on the list! So what this means is I am guaranteed a spot for next fall, but there's a great chance I will begin the program THIS Fall! Either way I am overly excited about my accomplishment and have Mark, my family and friends to thank for their continuous encouragement and support. It was not an easy road, a lot of studying and a lot of times where I couldn't participate in summer break, spring break, road trips, nights out, etc. It's not over yet, it's actually just beginning, but I'm jumping in head first!
Now to the recipe:
4 Tilapia Fillets (thawed and room temp)
1 tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tbs. whole wheat flour
2 tbs. Parmesan cheese
1 tbs. Old Bay Original Seasoning
1/2 tbsp+ salt
1/2 tbsp+ pepper
- Turn on skillet to medium-high, usually around a 6.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp. EVOO on skillet
- While the skillet heats, combine whole wheat flour, Parmesan cheese, Old Bay, salt, and pepper. Mix well with a fork and set aside.
- In a separate bowl crack the egg and whisk slightly with a fork.
- Once skillet is heated, take one tilapia fillet and roll in the egg, then the flour, and place on skillet. Follow with the second, the third, and the fourth.
- Tip: I sprinkled a tad more Parmesan cheese on the fillet once in the skillet because I love the stuff!
- Let cook about 3.5 minutes on each side, until the fish is flaky and white.
Now go steam some asparagus and you have a delicious meal that takes about 15 minutes to make.